Wednesday, June 18, 2014

My Fandoms: Top 10 Lists

So, it's a rainy day again. This afternoon I'll be causing myself a lot of angst by making myself actually choose between my favorite books, movies, fandoms, etc- and put them in top 10 lists.
Let the nail-biting, guilt of betrayal, and deep pondering over imaginary things begin. XD


Top 10 Books
Oh, how on earth do I pick a favorite stand-alone book?!
  1. The Prophet of Yonwood by Jeane DuPrau
  2. The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare
  3. The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan
  4. Ella Enchanted by Gale Carson Levine
  5. Swordbird by Nancy Yi Fan
  6. The Emerald Atlas by John Stephens
  7. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
  8. The Last Sin Eater by Francine Rivers
  9. Atonement Child by Francine Rivers
  10. The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare



Top 10 Book Series

  1. The Belgariad Series by David Eddings ...I love his writing, I love the characters and story telling and adventure. My favorite series.
  2. Books of Ember Series by Jeane Duprau ...Completely amazing books. I've listened to them on audio countless times. I can just do it over and over.
  3. Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series by Rick Riordan ...Hilarious, fun, and actually educational with all the mythology. I love the characters!
  4. The Dark is Rising Sequence by Susan Cooper ...I remember my heart racing when Mama read us these. Sooo good. 
  5. The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins ...So realistic, well-paced, and gripping. I could never put them down. 
  6. The Books of Beginning Trilogy by John Stephens ...Really, really well done adventure books. Waiting eagerly for the third book!
  7. Divergent Trilogy by Veronica Roth ...These were hard to put down and had such an unexpected ending... great characters and such deep thoughts. 
  8. Redwall Series by Brain Jacques ...I read these when I was younger, and can't wait to pass them on to my children. They're endearing and adventurous. 
  9. Warriors Saga by Erin Hunter ...I used to be addicted to these, and I though I don't read them any more, I know I have to list them, because my younger self would be so mad if she could see herself now and know she betrayed her love for Warrior cats. 
  10. Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini ...I'm not done reading these, but they're great adventure books and well written for such a young author. 



Top 10 Movies

  1. The Lord of the Rings trilogy ...Nothing in the world comes close to the amazingness of these movies. The characters, the quotes, the stories, the entire world- literally built my imagination since toddlerhood. 
  2. The Princess Bride ...Hilarious and so quote-worthy. I can probably actually quote the entire movie...
  3. Ever After ...Beautiful story and new take on the concept of Cinderella. Full of great sentiments. 
  4. The Avengers ...Oh so full of awesome characters and amazing quotes, has a great plot, and is action-packed and invigorating. 
  5. The Hobbit trilogy ...It's not done yet, but it's wonderful! Though I think even it cannot compete with the original Lord of the Rings movies. 
  6. Captain America: The Winter Soldier ...A film as good as the Avengers,focused on the best Avenger of them all. 
  7. The Hunger Games ...The best movie every made from a book that stayed true to the original story. 
  8.  Catching Fire ...Equally faithful to the book. 
  9. Bedtime Stories ...The funniest thing ever. I loved this movie!
  10. Tangled ...So cute, has great characters, and never gets old. 



Top 10 TV Shows

  1. Doctor Who ...Only the most amazing thing ever to air on TV. Seriously, the best characters, mind-bending concepts, plots, quotes, and everything. I'm going to stop talking before I get carried away.
  2. Sherlock ... The best mystery plots with some of my favorite complex actors of this day and age. Why is BBC so much better than our American shows?
  3. Agents of Shield ...This show really redeemed itself. It has some of my favorite characters ever, has just enough references to The Avengers, and got SO good at the end.
  4. Jericho ...This was fantastic! It just got better and better and more intense. Why did it end so early?!
  5. Terra Nova ...I'm still upset that this got canceled. It had such potential. 
  6. Merlin ...This show went up and down, and ended sadly. But it was lots of fun and had adorable characters. 
  7. Little House on the Prairie ...Timeless. It makes me long to live in that time period. 
  8. The Waltons ...Also timeless. I love this family and their story.
  9. Robin Hood ...This was entertaining while it lasted. I liked it. I wish it hadn't had so many deaths of good characters, but it was worth the watch. 
  10. Psych ...Pretty funny when I'm in the mood for it. 



Top 10 Couples

  1. Eowyn and Faramir (The Lord of the Rings)
  2. Fitz and Simmons (Agents of Shield)
  3. Amy and Rory (Doctor Who)
  4. The Doctor and River Song (Doctor Who)
  5. Percy and Annabeth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians)
  6. Lina and Dune (The City of Ember)
  7. Tris and Tobias (Divergent)
  8. Stanley and Mimi (Jericho)
  9. Missy and Willie (Hallmark Love Saga)
  10. Mark and Maddie (Terra Nova)


Top 3 Fandoms 

The Lord of the Rings ...This will always win...
Doctor Who ...but this is so drastically close that it isn't even funny.
The Avengers ...Epic.

I'm not picking 10, because past these 3 absolute bests, I will suddenly have twenty others I can't choose from. 



No comments:

Post a Comment