Saturday, January 24, 2015

9 Songs for Morning Devotion



Music is powerful.

I think there is is something built into us as human beings with a deep sensitivity to it, or maybe it's a vulnerability, because it has the capability to make us feel. How much more emotional does a scene in a movie feel when there is a certain type of music playing? Would it just look awkward if there weren't music there to accompany it, to indicate to you what kind of response you're supposed to have to the scene playing out?

Sweet, slow melodies make things romantic. 
Drums get you excited or make things suspenseful. 
And solitary piano notes make you feel sad.

Personally, I believe there will be background music in Heaven. That's something life is missing here on earth: music to accompany every emotion and circumstance of daily life. How much less confusing it would be! Maybe we'd actually know what is going on with each other that way, instead of having to read their minds and make dangerous mistakes... :P

Anyway, music is a gift. We use it to express many things; it's an outlet for the heart. 
And since music is powerful, words that accompany music are powerful. (Well, words in general are just powerful!) It all has a very deep effect on us. Words stick with you, and so do tunes. Combined with each other, and pouring into your ears everyday, they make a difference. 

Positive or Negative.

Music affects your mood.
Music can change your perspective.
Music gradually influences your entire life.

I want to start my day off with good music to adjust my focus in the morning, as soon as I wake up. Today I finally put together a morning playlist. Nine songs (a 35 minute-long playlist) that are basically a devotional. The words are true and godly, and the melodies are happy and upbeat. These are some of my favorite songs.

Being able to listen to these while I do my morning routine should be a great kick-starter to the day, and I encourage anyone who wants to go ahead and steal the plan. 



  • Good Morning - Mandisa
  • From The Day - I Am They
  • Beautiful - Dan Bremnes
  • Good To Be Alive - Jason Gray
  • Lifesong - Casting Crowns 
  • Lift My Life Up - Unspoken
  • Closer To Your Heart - Natalie Grant
  • Greater - MercyMe
  • Architecture - Jonathan Thulin 


  • Good Morning gets you out of bed dancing, and Architecture leaves you with a clear and inspired perspective on your value and potential in God's sight, and ready to follow His design for your growth. 

    Now I'm ready to live this day with Joy and Thanksgiving! 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment